Friday, October 29, 2010

Forever. Wonder.

The new colloquial is what they call me
Or what they should call me
But I 
I am an artist
An artist of inspiration
An artist of words
An artist of life
An artist of you
I am perfection because I can’t be found
The night time falls and the moon
It lights up the sky
But we still can’t see 
The darkness
We can’t see like an African
Deep in the darkness 
We can’t see
But he is there
Naked 
Raw 
Powerful
He is us
He is you
He is me
He is we
He is what we call upon
On those days when we feel like 
We’re crazy for being us
On those days 
We just say
“Fuck it,
I don’t want to be here anymore” 
And thus
I’ll never even the score of the ones
Who hate
Us
Forever unequal
Forever loved 
Ungrateful 
Greedy
Lustful
Forever happy
But also 
Forever suicidal
In the hands of 
This Planet 
Will be forever round
Forever unbalanced
Forever unfair
Forever uncaring
And we are 
Forever. Wonder.
© 2010 Anthony Desmond Scott. All Rights Reserved.

click here to follow Glass Staircase

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Hi Anthony, nice to meet you. Would you like to join us tomorrow over at One Stop Poetry (saw you already found the website) for One Shot Wednesday, you can link up with one of your poems, read others and others will comment on yours.
looking forward to seeing you there
Claudia

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Its very interesting Anthony, I enjoyed it so much... thanks for the heads up. I look forward to more here as well as at One Shot Wednesday.

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Jingle Poetry Monday Potluck is open Now,
http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/10/poetry-potluck-halloween.html

Welcome Linking in any poem, join the fun today!


lovely poetry.
keep rocking.